Off Campus Access: Online Resources
Please note: As an online student, you will most likely be accessing the online library resources on this page (artcle, newspaper, and introductory resource databases) off campus. When you click on the link to any one of these databases, you will be asked to sign in with your SJU username and password. This will allow you to access and use the databases, and full text of the articles you find therein.
If you are using our Discover! search tool off campus, you will also need to login with your SJU username and password in order to access any of the linked full text articles you find. Instructions on how to login to Discover! off campus are here.
Welcome to the ENG 208: British Literature after Empire Research Guide. This is an online research guide designed to help you complete the research and assignments for your class. Here is what you will find under each of the tabs on this page:
- Articles: This tab includes links to online databases where you can search for both popular and scholarly articles.
- Introductory Resources: This tab includes links to online encyclopedias and dictionaries where you can get a brief introduction to authors, historical events and time periods, postcolonial literary themes and concepts, and etc.
- Books: This tab includes access to the library's online catalog where you can search for books available at the Saint Joseph's library. It also includes links to a place where you can search for the full text of books available online.
- Book Reviews: This tab provides guidance and links to online databases where you can search for book reviews and other critical reviews.
- Newspapers: This tab provides guidance and links to online databases where you can search the full text of both current and historical newspapers.
- Tutorials: This tab provides embedded video tutorials about how to search LexisNexis (an online database that provides full text of newspapers), as well as tutorials on how to do online research through our library website.
- Finding Full-text Material: This tab provides guidance and information on how to find the full text of articles through the databases on the library website.
- Citing Sources: This tab provides information and guidance on citing the sources you use in your research papers, as well as how to avoid plagiarism.
- Help: This tab includes information on how to get help from the library when you need it.
Library Instruction and Outreach Specialist
Post Learning Commons and Drexel Library
Saint Joseph's University
Communications, Criminal Justice, English Language and Literature, Organization Development and Leadership, PSE, Sociology
A Reference Librarian can help:
Ask a Librarian