SciFinder®: Getting Started
The information service from the American Chemical Society (ACS) is available for SJU users from any computer with internet access.
To use the web version of SciFinder®, users must first set up individual accounts:
- Go to the SJU Library SciFinder® User Registration
- Be sure to use your sju.edu email address in the registration process
- CAS will send an email to the user
- The user must respond to that email within 48 hours in order to use the account.
Note: after confirming the registration, SciFinder® will direct the user to https://scifinder.cas.org --- but this link will not work from off-campus.
Accessing SciFinder® after an account has been set up:
- Access is via the SciFinder® site.
- Once an account has been set up, the user can specify Preferences.
SciFinder® - info
Chemical Abstracts Service's SciFinder® is designed especially for use by students and faculty. This research tool allows point and click access to several major chemical and medical databases including:
- Sessions are set to time out at 20 minutes.
- SJU has unlimited concurrent user access to SciFinder®.