Why Use Introductory Resources?
If you have a topic in mind for your research, it is a good idea to find one or more sources of background information to read.
Introductory resources will:
- Explain in general terms, what is currently known about your topic
- Help you understand the broader context of your research.
- good articles
- a Chronology of relevant events for the topic
- lists of stakeholders and their web sites
- a pro and con feature
- bibliographies of further reading.
Dictionaries / Encyclopedias
The following resources are available through the online resource, Credo Reference.
Instruction and Outreach Librarian
Post Learning Commons and Drexel Library
Saint Joseph's University
Communications, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, English Language and Literature, Mathematics, Organization Development and Leadership, PSE, Sociology
A Reference Librarian can help:
Ask a Librarian