Why Use Introductory Resources?
If you have a topic in mind for your research, it is a good idea to find one or more sources of background information to read.
Introductory resources will:
- Explain in general terms, what is currently known about your topic
- Help you understand the broader context of your research.
Some of the Introductory Resources that you might use for your ECN430 Research include:
- CQ Researcher - see box on right
- Subject-specific Encyclopedias / Dictionaries
Getting Started with your Research
The research for your ECN430 Research Project requires that you do research that is both broad and deep. Because you will be doing a lot of researcn, be sure to save your citation information as you go, so that your biblilography in Chicago Style will be easy to create.
Once you have decided on your Country:
- look at the Countries tab to get a sense of some of the basic country information that is availalbe
- start reading the Economist (current and back issues) searching with your Country name
- search our databases (I suggest using the Discover! tool) to look articles on your country, its economic system
- look for statistics to validate your work
Newsbook - News Analysis
RSS feed from one of the many blogs published by 'The Economist', a weekly newsmagazine of world politics and current affairs, business, finance and science published in London, England.
Note: To search for/view
full-text articles in
'The Economist' from
1990-present, go to:
- good articles
- a Chronology of relevant events for the topic
- lists of stakeholders and their web sites
- a pro and con feature
- bibliographies of further reading.
For ECN430 research, some subject coverage will be helpful. For example,
Post Learning Commons and Drexel Library
Saint Joseph's University
Accounting, Finance, Management, Managing Human Capital, Marketing, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing, Decision & System Sciences, Business Intelligence, International Business, Family Business & Entrepreneurship, Sports Marketing, Economics
A Reference Librarian can help:
Ask a Librarian