About This Guide
The sources in this guide provide access to:
- Current Newspapers -- those from the relatively recent past (~ 1980 and later)
- Historical Newspapers
- Pictures, advertisements, and special sections may not be available in electronic format.
- There may be some overlap between some sources in Current Newspapers and Historical Newspapers.
- Many newspapers make their publications freely available on their individual websites for a limited time. Be aware that some of these sites may have selected coverage or may be a special "online" edition that is not necessarily considered archivable.
- You should always start your research here with the Library's subscription sources where coverage is most consistent and reliable. Then go to the individual publisher web sites to supplement.
- Access to certain freelance articles and other features may be unavailable due to restrictions placed by the copyright owners.
Search for material in newspapers in three ways:
- Across collections of newspapers: SJU subscribes to newspapers databases that will allow you to search for a topic across the entire collection of newspaper sources.
- Individual newspaper titles: SJU provides access to a variety of individual titles.
- At publishers' websites.
Electronic? Print? Microfilm?
We receive Newspapers and access to them in several formats:
The type of format you may need to use, will vary based upon our subscription to that source.